Lysaght Park, is currently enjoyed by our community for passive recreation, off-leash dog provision and weekend soccer games.
Our sport fields are struggling to meet growing community need, particularly in relation to weeknight training for soccer.
To support growth in local sporting teams and better manage grass wear on Campbell Park, in order to keep sports fields safe for play, Council undertook community consultation on the following proposed elements from 1-28 May at Lysaght Park:
- Installing lighting to enable winter weeknight training Tuesday – Thursday from 5pm – 9pm
- Extending weekend sports use from Saturdays 8am – 1pm to Saturdays and Sundays 8am – 6pm
- Enabling both junior and senior games through utilising the existing sports field as either two mini fields or a full-size field
Please refer to all relevant documentation including the Review of Environmental Effects
We thank all community members who participated in the consultation period from 1 to 28 May 2018, via:
- Undertaking the online survey
- Attending the Community Forum on Wednesday, 9 May 6pm - 7.30pm
- Attending the Park Based Listening Post on Saturday, 19 May 11am - 12.30pm
- Emailing us, writing in and phoning the team
The Report to Council is on the agenda of the Council Meeting scheduled for Tuesday, 9 October 6pm at Council Chambers and the Community Engagement Outcomes Report is available to download.